
Hailey is my girly-girl.
She is 6 and p-roud of it!
She is
very dramatic and animated.
She has an endless source of energy and
takes
for-e-ver to fall asleep because of it.
She has a passion for dressing up and
putting together fashionable outfits.
She loves to tease her siblings and
knows how to "get their goat."
She loves to sing and can get
very carried away with it.
Sometimes I'll catch her singing her library
books, rather than simply reading them.
She enjoys cranking up the music
and dancing her heart out (while singing too).
She loves to share the latest news. . .
even if she doesn't have all the facts.*
Hailey is an awesome soccer player.
She is a loyal friend.
She has unconditional love for those around her.
She loves to please her teachers.
She is a little comedian and is
actually pretty funny sometimes.
She is an extremely fast runner,
I see track in her future.
She gives the best hugs ever.
She is learning to play the piano fabulously.
Hailey is very tall for her age.
She can mimic other's accents almost perfectly.
She loves her baby brother and is a great babysitter.
The other night when Jon was tucking her into bed she said, "Dad, sing me a country song." Jon was a bit confused by this request as he's not a huge country music fan and asked her which one. She said, "how about My Country 'Tis of Thee."
Today she was looking at a penny and I overheard her telling Zachary about the man in the house on the back (Abraham Lincoln), and then pointed out the words
e pluribus unum that were in "pig latin," I just about snorted out loud
{on purpose} at that. I explained through giggles that
e pluribus unum is just plain Latin, not pig latin.
*Here's an example of Hailey's
gossip news: Whenever Jon comes home from work, she usually has some random story to tell him about the day, which usually has been embellished a little and warrants an explanation from me for clarification. Here is a recent conversation: "Dad, today a man called and talked to mom, then mom talked to a lady and then the police called her and she got in trouble, wait, no she didn't get in trouble, but the bad guy behind the computer sitting out in his car by the mailbox got in trouble and got put in jail for getting inside our computer." In this instance as in many others, Jon just simply looked at me with an expression of, "huh??? please explain." This particular instance was someone calling me saying my computer had been broken into and he was from an agency to help with just that sort of thing. I knew he was a hoax, but was curious what information he was trying to get out of me so I kept him on the phone and pretended to put inputing the info in my computer that he wanted me to. He wouldn't give me a phone number to call him back on, but when his phone started breaking up and I couldn't hear him very well, he called me back from a different phone with a number that actually showed up on caller ID. After I asked one too many questions and pushed him too far he hung up on me, but I had enough info on him, which is when I called the non-emergency dispatcher (the "lady" according to Hailey), who reported it and had an officer call me back. I gave the info I had and was able to tell the police what info the man was after, which he explained to me that if I had answered the questions correctly for the guy and inputted the info he wanted me to, supposedly he could have hacked into our system by sitting out in the street (possibly by our mailbox according to Hailey), which is where Hailey came up with that part of the story. We don't know whether or not there was a guy out in the street, Hailey just overheard the conversation and her imagination ran wild with the story. The police officer had enough info from me to attempt to go after this guy. Who knows if he went to jail, that's Hailey's happily ever after part. See how a small little happening, and her sly little ears can distort things and make them more than they are. She definitely does bring some great stories to the dinner table. Although, I feel like I'm playing a game of fact or fiction with her. Everything usually stems from something she really did hear, she just interprets it very differently. What a girl.
We love our sweet happy energetic Hailey.
Our family just wouldn't be the same without her.
2 comments:
What a funny girl!! I can't believe she is seven. I guess that means Tyler is getting there, too!
What a Gal!! And quite the story--nice you can be a secret agent along with all the other roles you fill!
Post a Comment