It was such an angelic moment the first time the children saw Candace.
There was so much awe, wonder, amazement, and love with welcoming this precious little one into our family. It was a glimpse of heaven.
There was so much awe, wonder, amazement, and love with welcoming this precious little one into our family. It was a glimpse of heaven.The incredible joy we all felt of being together as a family for such a brief time. Knowing this would be a very short hello and soon goodbye, we cherished every moment. In this picture you'll notice Zach's finger pointing down. He was counting. G'pa Carroll bribed him to take 5 pictures and he was keeping track, just a funny memory.

Candace was encircled in the arms of so many who loved her and felt of her incredible spirit.
Her sister Hailey.
Her brother Zachary.
Her brother Zachary.
Her sister Shaylin.
Her mom and dad.
Her mom and dad.
Her G'pa & G'ma Flake.
Her G'pa & G'ma Carroll.
Our family was surrounded by angels, both earthly and heavenly, in person and in spirit. All that was done for our family spiritually and physically couldn't possibly be captured in pictures. Thank you to all for your gifts, cards, thoughts, prayers, hearts, time, caring & compassion.
There was amazement with each thing Candace could do. In this picture Hailey is feeling her little mouth suck the pacifier.
And here's a close-up of Hailey feeling Candace's mouth with her pinky through the pacifier. The other memory with this picture is my black thumb. My hands were numb the last few weeks of pregnancy and I unknowingly smashed my finger in the car door. It wasn't until I tried to walk away, that I noticed my thumb was caught in the door. Such a silly memory, but my black thumb happened to be in so many pictures.
Zachary was so tender and sweet with Candace.
Shaylin couldn't give her enough kisses.
This picture is a harder one for me to see. What I wouldn't give to be able to hold my little angel in my arms again and kiss her. To smell her sweet body and kiss her soft cheeks.
Candace had so much hair. Here it's still pretty wet and matted down. As it dried it was curly and so soft. She also had hairy little shoulders, which made us smile.
Candace blew so many bubbles. This is something that even Hailey remembers clearly. Lots of bubbles. This picture also captured one of the moments when Candace showed some reflexes and gave Hailey's finger a little squeeze. This was another miracle, as her limbs were usually limp and not moving like a newborn's should.
Our family was surrounded by angels, both earthly and heavenly, in person and in spirit. All that was done for our family spiritually and physically couldn't possibly be captured in pictures. Thank you to all for your gifts, cards, thoughts, prayers, hearts, time, caring & compassion.There was amazement with each thing Candace could do. In this picture Hailey is feeling her little mouth suck the pacifier.
And here's a close-up of Hailey feeling Candace's mouth with her pinky through the pacifier. The other memory with this picture is my black thumb. My hands were numb the last few weeks of pregnancy and I unknowingly smashed my finger in the car door. It wasn't until I tried to walk away, that I noticed my thumb was caught in the door. Such a silly memory, but my black thumb happened to be in so many pictures.
Zachary was so tender and sweet with Candace.
Shaylin couldn't give her enough kisses.
This picture is a harder one for me to see. What I wouldn't give to be able to hold my little angel in my arms again and kiss her. To smell her sweet body and kiss her soft cheeks.
Candace had so much hair. Here it's still pretty wet and matted down. As it dried it was curly and so soft. She also had hairy little shoulders, which made us smile.
Candace blew so many bubbles. This is something that even Hailey remembers clearly. Lots of bubbles. This picture also captured one of the moments when Candace showed some reflexes and gave Hailey's finger a little squeeze. This was another miracle, as her limbs were usually limp and not moving like a newborn's should.
Seeing her beautiful body was amazing. It was so perfect in every way. Every inch of her was perfectly formed, except for the top of her head. I love this picture because she looks so chubby, even though she was only 5 lb 1 oz.
This picture is another tender one for me. I remember a specific feeling I had during my pregnancy, and that was that this little girl was going to hang on and live through delivery because she wanted to be in her daddy's arms and experience what that felt like with her physical body. She loved her daddy. I can't really put into words the connection I felt between the two of them.
My sweet baby, I just couldn't kiss her enough. How do you capture enough snuggles and kisses in 23 hours to last a life time?
Happy Birthday my sweet Candace. We love and miss you so much!
My sweet baby, I just couldn't kiss her enough. How do you capture enough snuggles and kisses in 23 hours to last a life time?
Happy Birthday my sweet Candace. We love and miss you so much! This weekend I'll add pictures to Candace's blog of our family celebrating her birthday. Or if you want to watch her slideshow and remember her today, just click on her name.
16 comments:
These pictures brought back so many memories for me, too. It was a privilege to be there with you when Candace was born and to experience a piece of your miracle. I'm thinking about you today.
All your words and memories are so dear. I feel like I was in the room with how you just described it all!! Its a-mazing what those little spirits can do. Thank you so much for sharing.
Happy Birthday Candace! You touched all of us during your brief time on earth, even if we may never have held you in our arms. I will always remember you and I hope I will be priveleged to meet you in the hereafter.
Happy Birthday Beautiful Candace! Thank you so much for sharing some of your sweet memories!
Thank you for posting all the pictures! Candace has been in my mind and heart this week. Wish I could be there to share a hug with you! Happy Birthday sweet Candace!
Happy Birthday to Candace! Krista, You were in my thoughts today as well. I know that you and your family are celebrating her life today and doing something special for her. You are an incredible person and Candace is looking down at you from heaven every moment.
She is such a lovely little angel. I remember being pregnant with Davin when you were pregnant with Candace. The heartache I felt for you then was almost overwhelming as I held my tiny baby. Those little spirits are so strong and I am still overcome with emotion and thinking of your family and baby Candace today on her birthday.
I don't know if you remember me or not but I'm Garry Bartle's mom. I remember when Candace was born and learned a lot about it from Garry and Heidi. You are a very strong family and I am very impressed with all the beautiful things you did along the way to remember and celebrate this event. I too had a baby girl that lived just 2 hours. I sort of know what you've been though. It isn't easy but what a beautiful reunion it will be in the future. I guess we'll both have that to look forward to. I remember my impressions of what a beautiful person you are and I also remember your beautiful voice. Just to let you know, it takes time but her birthdays will get easier in time. Remember she loves your family for all the tender loving care she was given on her short sojourn to earth. Happy birthday Candace!
Thankyou for sharing those precious memories. Happy Birthday Candace.
What a BEAUTIFUL tribute to your beautiful angel! I love all of those pictures. They radiate such sweetness and peace. Happy Birthday, baby girl!
Happy Birthday Candace!! She will never be forgotten. What a sweet miracle she was and will remain to be. What a blessing the gospel is, to know you will hold her again.
I spent this evening reading your comments from last year and Candace's blog. Thank you for letting me share her beautiful little spirit once again. Continue remembering her with joy.
Krista,
Happy Birthday to little Candace. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story with all. What a tribute to her and to Heavenly Father, sharing His message of forever families through the gospel of Jesus Christ. What an amazing example you and your family are. I am Cindi Poulsens sister Gina. You radiate such a special spirit as a mother. What a beautiful example of a mother you are to what matters most. You help me want to be so much better with my own family. Again thanks for sharing your little angel and miracle.
Thanks for sharing those sweet pictures and memories. I felt privileged to watch your family go through the whole experience, and still ache for your family. You're such an amazing example to me for your positive attitude and eternal perspective!
I realized today (Feb 23) that Candace's birthday was around here somewhere- I am sorry I missed it- so I came to see when...
Happy Birthday Candace!
What amazing memories and photos. It makes my heart sing to see a little girl so loved!
Oh, Krista, what a sweet post. It is so tender for us to enjoy these priceless pictures again. We are praying for your comfort and joy at this time. Love you so much, Noni
Post a Comment