Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chicken Chicken Robber

Here's my advice: Even if you'll never own or raise chickens, make yourself a little chicken coop for the backyard. The kids have spent countless hours this past week playing in the chicken coop. I told them to get their fill because once the chickens are here, no more kids in the coop.

They've made up this game called, "Chicken Chicken Robber." The characters are chickens, robbers, and farmers. I haven't caught on to all the rules of the game yet. I know it involves them running around the yard a lot chasing each other and acting like chickens. Eventually, they get locked in the cage by the farmer. Who knew that a cage could keep them engaged for so many days. They even had the swell idea that this could be their new "time out" place. I think they might purposely misbehave just to play in the coop.

This idea did make me realize something. It's been a while since any of them have had to be in time out. It seems they've kind of outgrown the stage of needing that. Lest you make the mistake of thinking my children are perfect, we still have "cool down" time if needed in bedrooms, but I don't think of that as "time out" because it's minus the kicking, crying, and tantruming against a closed door. It's more of a mutual agreement that they want some space and so do I. My kids really are at a nice stage in their childhood.

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's a hoot! (sorry, wrong bird).
I love that picture - I hope you blow it up and hang it on a wall!

runningfan said...

That is hilarious.

And I'm totally jealous.

{Of your last sentence...not your soon-to-be backyard friends.)

Danielle said...

yeah, i'm still figuring it all out too. its hit and miss a lot of the time on the editing. i shoot in RAW and then do most of my editing in that setting before it even converts it to a jpg.

Noni said...

Great post! Love the picture of all the adorable "chicks."

Annette said...

That is so cute! Chilrens imaginations are endless!

Kim said...

Are they really playing a game or did you just lock them in there because you couldn't take it anymore?