Friday, January 30, 2009

K's Preschool

Kim + Krista = K's Preschool

Kim and I have been team teaching preschool together for 5 years now. This past week was our last time teaching together. We have so many fun memories. We're each looking forward to the break, but when it's time to do preschool again with this baby (in 3-4 years) it just won't be the same teaching it with anyone else. Kim has such an easygoing personality and it made preschool run so smoothly to have such a good working relationship with someone.
This is a picture of our first preschoolers in 2004.

Showing the kids what it feels like to milk a cow, using a water-filled rubber glove with pinholes. That is little Zachary on the far left.

This was how little our children were when we started doing this together.

(Shaylin, Allie, Zachary, Luke & Hailey)

Reading stories in a small space always captured their attention.
Learning about vibrations and feeling/listening to them through the floor.
May 2006 was the end of our 2 years teaching Allie and Zachary's age group.
I will miss the lightbulb that goes off when a child realized something for the first time.
The goofy things they think of doing with preschool objects (such as magnifying glasses).
Their creative stories, superheroes, and explanations of life at home.
This picture is the last day of teaching this wonderful group of kids. Hailey and Luke have had 3 years of preschool and have literally grown up surrounded by preschool.
(Hailey 1st in line, Luke 5th in line)
They've done a lot of growing since that first picture on the couch, and so have Kim and I. What a fun experience it has been teaching so many bright young minds. Thanks Kim for the fun memories and teaching experiences. Preschool will never be the same without the two "K's" together.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

Wow...done teaching in January? That's pretty cool! Enjoy your Spring...

Jami Johnson said...

You and Kim were our all time favorite preschool teachers. Logan constantly reminds David and I that there is no better preschool than yours. He's right about that. I'm just glad you and Kim did it before the co-op thing got under way. We sure lucked out! Are you sure you don't want to do it again in in two years for Evan. J/K :)

Noni said...

What fun pictures!! So great to see the children at different ages.

JulSH said...

Ok, I have a tear. No joking!

You two are incredible teachers. You are amazing individually, but as a team - Wow! Any child in your care is pretty lucky!

Good things like this just shouldn't end!

Lyon Pride said...

We miss the "K" preschool, too! You guys are wonderful teachers! By the way, if you still have them, can I get the "sight words" you used when Taylor went to preschool with you? Thanks!

Kim said...

Fun pictures! Those were such fun times. I will miss teaching preschool with you. 5 years! Wow! Although I won't miss the time you were mean and made me taste vanilla, I will miss seeing you so often. I don't think it could have worked out any better.