Today is Hailey's Birthday. I can't believe my youngest (living child :-) is turning 5! I get her home with me for 1 more year as her birthday is 7 days after the cut off for Kindergarten this year.

She really is getting so grown up. She decided she's now old enough to make her own lunch. I had to smile as she plopped a blob of mayo on the center of her bread, put on some meat and cheese and called it good. We'll have to work on the spreading the mayo technique. She didn't seem bothered by it at all, and tickled pink that she did it all herself. She began reading this last summer and will go to one more year of preschool. Maybe I should have
her teach it this year :-), afterall this is her 3rd year of preschool.
For her birthday she had a Fiesta with Dora party, complete with a mom-made Dora cake. She had her daddy help make the invitations all in Spanish.

At the party they learned the Mexican hat dance. . .

played Pin the Backpack on Dora . . .
did a Bean Bag Toss. . .

as well as a pinata, treasure hunt, and made maracas (sorry no pics). It was a lively bunch of girls, but we had a good time. Happy Birthday Hailey. We love you! Hope all your wishes come true.

1 comment:
Go Mom! Nice party...
Post a Comment