There is always this feeling of worry, when I realize that my children have more daytime hours with their teachers than with me. Have I taught them enough to stand strong? Do I utilize the precious time I have? Realistically, will I ever feel that there is enough time? I guess I should "Watch My Step" with the precious time I have with my children. Am I listening to them? Am I teaching them the gospel enough? Do I inspire them to be better each day?
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Watch Your Step
There's a feeling of change that comes on the first day of school. Change of schedule, change of seasons, and a chance for learning and growth.
As I watched my kids load onto the school bus, I couldn't help but notice the sign on the steps of the school bus. . .
I thought to myself, what a bigger warning this is than simply the steps on a school bus. As my children head off to school, I hope they "Watch Their Step" as they enter a new classroom for the first time and remember the importance of being a good example and putting their best foot forward. I hope they will remember the importance of being a good friend, being polite and unselfish, and I hope they will be able to "Watch Their Step" as they stand for truth and righteousness. I hope that every step will be guarded and guided until they return back to my doorstep at the end of the school day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fabulous first post, girlfriend!
Post a Comment