Remember these? For those of you not familiar with "pink sponge curlers," they are supposedly great for sleeping in because they are so soft. I like to occasionally put these in the girls hair at night to give them some nice curls the next day. The girls complain about being uncomfortable and not being able to sleep with them, so I gave up. . .or so they thought. After they were asleep I came into their room and put their hair in a ponytail (high up on their head) and rolled in a couple curlers. As I was doing this, Shaylin began to stir and I had a memory (a groggy memory) of my mother putting pink sponge curlers in my hair. The funny thing was, I realized I was asleep when she was putting them in my hair too. Maybe I complained of them being uncomfortable just like my daughters, and my mother just waited for me to be asleep to put them in. I guess we all eventually follow in our mother's footsteps, pink sponge curlers and all.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Pink Sponge Curlers
Remember these? For those of you not familiar with "pink sponge curlers," they are supposedly great for sleeping in because they are so soft. I like to occasionally put these in the girls hair at night to give them some nice curls the next day. The girls complain about being uncomfortable and not being able to sleep with them, so I gave up. . .or so they thought. After they were asleep I came into their room and put their hair in a ponytail (high up on their head) and rolled in a couple curlers. As I was doing this, Shaylin began to stir and I had a memory (a groggy memory) of my mother putting pink sponge curlers in my hair. The funny thing was, I realized I was asleep when she was putting them in my hair too. Maybe I complained of them being uncomfortable just like my daughters, and my mother just waited for me to be asleep to put them in. I guess we all eventually follow in our mother's footsteps, pink sponge curlers and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I TOTALLY remember pink sponge curlers! Those were a staple. Plus the hairnet to hold them in place. I haven't tried those on Rachel's hair yet - so far nothing else seems to make it hold a curl, so I just may have to pull them out.
Post a Comment