Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Update

I realized I haven't blogged much about this babe in the womb. Probably because I've kind of been holding my breath as each week passes. By all accounts and ultrasounds this baby is completely healthy and perfect in every way, so I should be over my nervousness. . .but truth be told, I'm not. I'm to the point where I should start pulling out baby clothes, setting up the changing table, bassinet, car seat, etc. I'm finding that each of these steps is going to take some faith on my part. Faith that we really will get to bring this baby home, faith that I will get to use these precious tiny clothes, faith that this precious little one really will be riding home in a car seat with us. These may seem like such small trivial things to some, and definitely things I took for granted with my first three children. I now know better, and realize what an absolute miracle a healthy baby is.

I had an ultrasound at 32 weeks because my measurements were 4 1/2 weeks ahead. The ultrasound showed a very healthy baby with a guesstimate weight of over 6 lbs. That was with 8 weeks of growth to go! They're not changing the due date, we just know it's a big healthy baby. We've all been enjoying every kick and hiccup, and because baby is so big, the kids have been able to really feel all the movement and watch the roller coaster effect my belly has as baby moves about. This baby is sooo active, much more so than I remember any of my children. Here is a picture from the ultrasound of the profile of baby's face. It's a little blurry and the technician had a hard time even getting this shot as baby was so wiggly. I'm actually really glad it's so active, it gives me lots of reassurance throughout the day, which is just what I need right now.
I am now 34 weeks pregnant and on the official count down of 6 weeks to go! My body is tired and definitely ready. Today at my appointment, I am still measuring ahead, but tapering a little. I'm only now measuring 3 1/2 weeks ahead. Maybe I should trust the docs a little more when they say they don't think baby will be too big in the end. We'll just have to wait and see if this trend continues. For now, this babe feels pretty big for 34 weeks and I'm feeling very anxious and ready to get this little one out and safely in my arms.

8 comments:

runningfan said...

Your perspective is just what I needed today! I'm so glad things are going well for you.

The McClellan Clan said...

wow, I can't believe its gone by that fast. well atleast for me!! You are amazing. I wish you were my mom!! You're just this nurture that any kid would love to have!! I wish you the very bestest!!

John and Misty said...

You have every right to be nervous. That is perfectly understandable. I remember doing the same thing before my twins were born. I didn't dare cut tags off clothes or even wash Bryce's old clothes. We didn't even buy a second crib until after they were born. I'm so glad to hear your baby is active, healthy, and growing. Bless your heart. Hang in there! Love ya!
Mushy

Jaimey said...

I can only imagine what you go through in your head daily and I trust that when I am there soon you will be right there next to me guiding me as you have. You are an amazing strength and you give me hope that I will continue to grow learn and love in the days ahead in this journey. I think its a boy by the way! :) HUGS friend.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I was nervous too! I also measured bigger. A nice healthy baby is on the way for you. Good Luck!

Noni said...

Krista,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are trusting that a precious little one is coming home with you to stay. We are also remembering a special blessing of health and comfort for you as you sprint (not hobble :) ) to the end of your pregnancy.

We love you very much,

Noni

jamie t. said...

You're in the home stretch! I am glad that the baby is healthy and that things are going well.... despite the large size :)

Lisa Hutchings said...

Good luck with the last few weeks! Wish I could be there to give you a foot rub!!