
There's a first time for everything and today was my first time sewing patches on my sons new scout shirt. I remember my mom doing this on my brothers' shirts, but they seemed so much older than my soon to be 8-year-old. Could it be that my son is really that old, or that I am old enough to have a son that old?

It was a bit sentimental for me sewing these on thinking about the growth my son has made, and thinking about the future and looking forward to the growth that is to come. I have a lot to learn about the scouting program and I have a hunch I'll be learning things right along with my son. Look out scouts, here we come!
3 comments:
I did the cub scout sewing a couple months ago. I can't believe Taylor is 8. I used that clear thread but fought it quite a bit. So his earned patches haven't been sewn on yet. Beinning of a new era :)
You are off to a fun adventure!! The sewing looks terrific. Wish you were close enough to sew the Star patch on Kelson's shirt!
Love you,
Noni
I'll bet you were all nostagic until you tried sewing the council patch on the curvy top of the sleeve! That one got me every time. (Husband's Cubmaster shirt as well as two boy's shirts).
Post a Comment