"I CAN HEAR THE BELLS"--Hailey came downstairs like this one morning declaring that she was 'getting married' like Tracy in Hairspray (thus the TP veil). We had a good laugh.
"DRAW"--The other day the kids were fighting over who got to be the chicken, robber, and farmer in their newly made up game. I suggested they put the options on paper and draw them out of a hat. Shaylin and Zachary immediately agreed, but Hailey quickly voiced her preference by declaring, "I want to draw the chicken." Everyone started telling her that she would have to be whatever she drew. She simply said, "I know, I want to draw the chicken." It took a few rounds of the kids going back and forth over this for me to finally clue in and realize that she thought it meant to draw a picture. I explained to her that "drawing" from a hat was different than "drawing" a picture. I realized we hadn't used this term in this way before. That would be confusing. She was all for it after realizing what this kind of "draw" meant.
"GOOD COP"--Zach came downstairs the other day and told me in a smooth cool-talkin' voice, "hey you, give me a donut." I turned around and saw him like this. He said he was a cop (note the badge). He has no idea the connotation between cops and donuts. We had leftover donuts from a party and he simply wanted one, and happened to be playing with his cop stuff at the same time. I got a good laugh out of it.
"SUNSHINE"--We've had some really nice weather. It seems every February we get a week or so of 'teaser' weather that gives us hope that spring is around the corner. The kids enjoyed soaking up the sunshine while doing their homework and reading out on the trampoline.
"BOTTOMS-UP"--Speaking of spring, Shaylin has been especially excited and anticipating the arrival of this spring baby. The other day she said, "mom, I'm so anxious to know what the baby is going to be. . .I hope the bum is born first." After a good laugh, I did explain to her why this wouldn't be such a good thing.
3 comments:
I hope the bum is born first...? That is hilarious! I told Tyler the other day that you didn't know if you were having a boy or girl -- that you wanted it to be a surprised. He was disgusted with me for finding out early when he knew there was a choice! I told him it was a surprise no matter when you found out, but he wasn't convinced!
Those pics and stories are so cute! Aren't kids hilarious? I've finally started writing down quotes from Bryce this past year. I'm sure he will get a kick out of them when he's older... Thanks for sharing yours!
Misty
Sarah was bum first which is why I have never delivered the right way :)
Sarah also LOVES to cook and pancakes are her favorite. When I am in bed and hear something banging around the kitchen I know I need to get up or she will have done it unsupervised. She also loves tye-dye shirts (we made some at her birthday party which was a great activity and party favor)
Those pictures of Candice are just precious. You are amazing! I can't imagine going through it all only to be able to spend 23 hours with my baby (as I am going to see mine in 4 days!)
Post a Comment