Monday, March 16, 2009

Shaylin's Invention

Shaylin's class has been learning about simple machines and had a homework assignment to invent something using a simple machine. Shaylin came up with the idea to invent the "Friend Finder." Using a pulley system she made a 'screen' that the prospective friend puts their face in, and then a 'computer screen' to the right that tells her all about them and whether they would make a good friend of not. Here's a picture of her trying it out with her sister.
Looks like the "Friend Finder" thinks they could be good friends.

3 comments:

Noni said...

Shaylin,

I wish we lived close enough to try out your machine! I sure hope I can be one of your friends :)What other great things are you doing?

Love,

Aunt Noni

~Fawn said...

has anyone told you lately how adorable and SMART your kids are?
hope all is well-looks like it's better-looks great!
Let us know when the new baby comes!
God Bless
Fawn

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

We just love the Carroll Family.Amazing family:)Love that cute machine Shaylin.You are too cute and way smart.So adorable:)I love it!