Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cape Lookout

We went to Cape Lookout for a family camping trip this past week. We only stayed for 2 nights, but we made the most of our time together and soaked up every minute. We caught a beautiful sunset the first night there. Here are a few pictures of the sun going down and the kids enjoying the sunset and the ocean. Little Ethan enjoyed his baby sleeping bag. He stayed toasty all night.
Here is another one of Ethan chillin' at the beach. He was content to sit on my lap under the shade umbrella and watch/sleep most of the day while the kids played.
As far as the Pacific Coast goes, this was a gorgeous day!
The kids built sand castles. . .Jon, Shaylin, and Zachary played Monkey in the Middle . . .
JoJo enjoyed basking in the sun and sand too.
Hailey loved playing in the mud . . . until she got bit by a tiny sand critter. Then she stayed either in the ocean or in the dry sand, no more mud for her.
The kids love to play in the ocean and jump over the waves, and had no problem getting completely wet. Part of me wonders if they have the same temperature gauge as me, as this water is freezing cold (yes, even in July) and it doesn't seem to bother them to be in it. My feet and legs go numb after just a few minutes in this water.
They do have an interesting way of warming up afterwards, by rolling in the warm sand.
The kids about lost their heads when we said it was time to go.No humans or animals were harmed in the making of this headless creature =-).

8 comments:

runningfan said...

That last photo cracks me up!!!

And did I read that Ethan was CONTENT to chill with you on the sidelines? That sounds like major progress!

Mindy said...

I love the headless picture!!

Marlaina said...

Haha! That headless picture is awesome!

Jaimey said...

Looks like a blast! I love that last pic! Though all I could think was how much sand went up his nose! Blah. LOL

Lars said...

This is awesome. But it cracks me up. We were at the coast earlier that week and didn't have any spectacular sunsets and played in the sand in the rain. ha ha

Carroll Conversations said...

I guess I didn't tell the trick. I dug a hole for him to lean his head way back into. Then I just covered his chin and neck and left his face open, so no sand in the nose, mouth, or eyes. That would be uncomfortable though.

Annette said...

I love the headless picture! That is great!

JulSH said...

headless picture is a classic!