Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ethan Update

Ethan's check up went well. His oxygen levels are better, not back to normal yet, but better. He is much more alert and his fever is staying manageable with meds. He hasn't had any problems with an allergic rash again. The doctor was satisfied enough to let us continue the regimen at home. RSV can take anywhere from 7-21 days to run it's course. We'll continue his breathing treatments with the nebulizer for another 2 days and then as needed in the days/weeks to follow. As long as he doesn't return to the listless/lethargic state, he should be okay.

Thank you all for your prayers in our behalf today. Between Ethan's sickness, Jon's CPA exam today, and celebrating our sweet angel Candace's birthday today, it's been an emotional roller coaster. I'll catch up this blog and Candace's blog when I can and when things settle down around here.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. Hang in there!!

Jami said...

Ahhh, I'm so sorry to hear all that. Wish I was closer to help. Hugs to you!!

Jaimey said...

Glad Ethan is on the mend! Hopefully he has a very speedy recovery.

Happy Birthday to Candace. I know our Angels are playing together!

Kristy E.B. said...

Sounds like it hasn't been a good week for your family. I hope things are getting better!!

Chiara said...

Oh....poor baby! Nothing worse than sick kiddos.

Kim said...

Why does it seem so many things happen at once? I hope Ethan gets better soon!