Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Helmet Head

With all the head injuries that brother suffered from, we figured we'd make some safety measures early on for this little guy. Couldn't he just wear this all day every day? Just kidding. He found he couldn't reach the usual places with this thing on and got a little frustrated.He also had a hard time holding his head up right with this heavy thing on it, even though it's the smallest helmet I've seen. I did take pity and took it off, poor kid. I was trying on the helmet because we were going to go on a bike ride. I figured he'd have to rely on the protection of the sides of his chair if we took a spill and I would ride sidewalks rather than bike lanes. He loved his first bike ride! He did get tired, and started to doze a little near the end. I guess it was relaxing for him. It was such a beautiful sunny day that I actually took him twice. I went while the kids were at school, and then when they came home we all went again. I love these sunny days.

6 comments:

The Bui's said...

So Fun! hey do you still have the directions for that bike carrier? I have one just like it. we had to take it off the bike last year and now I don't know how to put it back on.
I'm glad you enjoyed the sun!

runningfan said...

He looks so much like Zach! So adorable.

Jami said...

I ditto Heidi. As soon as I saw the second picture, I immediately said to myself he's a Zach clone!!! He's growing up way too fast. Miss you guys!

The Hadley Family said...

Krista, Ethan is growing way too fast. Maybe it's because I only see you on Sundays and then not every week, but wow! I can't get over how big he is. And CUTE as a bug!!! :)

Danielle said...

how FUN! I've been wanting to do that with my boys. Guess I'd have to buy a bike first! lol.

Lisa said...

Hope you have a wonderful week. I have been thinking about Candace. She has been an angel in our lives. Thanks for sharing her life with us.