Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ethan is 6 months already!

Ethan is 6 months old already.
Where has the time gone?
He is now 20 1/2 lbs. He can roll, scoot, and kind of crawl to where he wants to go. It's still mostly in reverse, but in the last day or two it's been heading forward every once in a while. I love this gummy (except for the 2 teeth) little chubby smile. We love to hear him say, "a-da, a-da" over and over. He loves to growl and has a very high pitched happy scream. He likes to make sounds with his vocal chords by sucking in air. He also does this "singing" thing where he'll hold a sound for a very long time. He was sitting on Jon's lap at choir practice the other day and in between a phrase when it was supposed to be quiet, you could here Ethan still holding out his "note." Too funny. I had to show a picture of his nice blond hair. It is pretty thick, but because it's so light in color it's hard to see. When he wakes up from a nap it sticks straight out on the sides.
This little guy is so strong, this is what we've been seeing a lot of, push-ups. He holds himself up with his hands and then goes up on his toes. He'll even flop himself over on his backside from this position, but then he isn't sure what to do next. Watch out sisters, he's headed for your paper, on his toes apparently.




Nope, dropped down to the knees and he's going to make a crawl for it. The girls floor time is quickly coming to an end. I think it's time to baby proof my house again. It's been so long since we've had a creeper. I'm welcoming it.

I can't get enough of him. We're all enjoying him so much these days. He really is such a happy content baby. He loves it when the kids get home from school and is so excited to have them interact with him.
Such a happy little guy! We love you little man!

5 comments:

runningfan said...

My favorite quote: "He really is such a happy content baby."

You made it!!!

Carroll Conversations said...

Yes I did make it! Thanks for pointing that out to me =)

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Ethan is so stinkin cute!..I love his big bright happy smiles!And his marshmallow cheeks..So cute!.We really miss you guys.Steven keeps saying how much He misses picking on the kids..

John and Misty said...

Happy 6 months Ethan! What a happy little guy.

Nurse Heidi said...

He is just luscious! Oh I could just squeeze him!

I am SUPER impressed by your costume making prowess. I've made a couple over the years, but not anything that I'd post pictures of ;). Lately I've just been a slacker. My neighbor made Ethan's vest because I was moaning about how I didn't have time to figure it out.