
Yep, that's says
25.12 lbs of turkey!
Have I ever done a turkey myself before?
Nope.

Gloved up and smiling (because I hadn't had to stick my hand in the bird yet.) I don't think I was smiling then.

All prepped and ready to go in the oven (except for the lid of course). I realized I didn't take a picture of the cooked turkey. That picture would have been much more appealing. I was just so excited to have made it to this stage without throwing up. I don't do well with raw meat, especially when it's so close in form to the "live" thing. Growing up on a farm you'd think I'd have a tougher stomach for this sort of thing, but I don't.

This was the nice pile of white meat gleaned from our bird friend. We also got a nice pile of dark meat, which the kids actually prefer. Not bad for a turkey that cost me $5.51.
1 comment:
You brave woman, you! 25 pounds!! I wore gloves too...I have issues with carcasses :P.
Post a Comment