Our sweet little monkey will finally be moving into his crib. He's been sleeping in a port-a-crib since he grew out of the bassinet because our food storage was taking up space in the toy room and we didn't have room to set up the crib. Yaddi-yaddi. The port-a-crib still works fine for him, but it wasn't working so well for my back. Lifting this hefty little boy and setting him down so far to the ground was doing a number on my back. Well, we took care of the food storage problem with our little holiday project and could now set up his crib.
While rearranging the toy room to make room for the crib, we decided to finally paint the toy shelf that we intended to paint in 2003 when we moved into the house. While the painting supplies were out, we decided to finally put some paint on the walls as well. After all, this is the only bedroom in the house that hasn't been painted yet. It felt good to give it a fresh start and to give Ethan his little space. I haven't decorated the room yet, but it's a start.
I'd like to recover the white bumper pads, but I'm still looking for the right fabric that grabs my attention. I want stripes, but 3 certain colors and I can't find the fabric with the color scheme I want. For the walls, I'd like to do something monkey-ish for our little chunky monkey. Putting up this crib was very reminiscent for us. The last time we put it up was in 1999 when we were expecting our first child (Shaylin). After that, it stayed up for 6 years as the next 2 children took their turns one right after the other.
Here I am 2 weeks before Shaylin was born setting up the crib with Jon in our teeny-tiny 2 bedroom apartment.
Here is a picture of Jon that same day doing something in the closet. I think he was retrieving the hardware for the crib from the storage closet or something. I just wanted to include the picture of him in 1999 as well.
This lovely baby quilt was made for me by a fellow angel mommy (thank you Heidi V). She made it the beautiful colors of the rainbow to commemorate our rainbow baby. We love wrapping Ethan, our rainbow baby, up in this quilt. Setting the crib up again was a sweet reminder of how precious it is to once again be blessed with a baby in our home.
Here I am 2 weeks before Shaylin was born setting up the crib with Jon in our teeny-tiny 2 bedroom apartment.
Here is a picture of Jon that same day doing something in the closet. I think he was retrieving the hardware for the crib from the storage closet or something. I just wanted to include the picture of him in 1999 as well.
This lovely baby quilt was made for me by a fellow angel mommy (thank you Heidi V). She made it the beautiful colors of the rainbow to commemorate our rainbow baby. We love wrapping Ethan, our rainbow baby, up in this quilt. Setting the crib up again was a sweet reminder of how precious it is to once again be blessed with a baby in our home.
2 comments:
Good for you guys--look'in good. Oh, and I LOVED the RAD 80's Party post! Jon was definitely the best Marty! Great job on both your costumes, um, I mean outfits.
You just made my day :). I needed a little sunshine in my soul. Thanks!
Post a Comment