Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Wish

~Silent Night, Holy Night, All is Calm, All is Bright.~

For me Christmas has a feeling of unity, being together, coziness, warmth, family, etc. I can't perfectly describe it, but I feel a hole in this "unity," more so this time of year, than any other. I thought I felt it so vividly last year, because I was missing my Candace and my womb was empty. But this year, my womb is full and my heart yearns for my baby girl. Which brings me to my title. I have a "Christmas Wish." In the LDS world, it is customary for the parents of missionaries to receive a phone call from their "missionary" on Christmas day. I have a missionary. Though I may not seem old enough, and she may not be 21 years old, or serving a typical mission here on earth, I know her work on the other side is definitely considered missionary work. So, if I could have one Christmas Wish, it would be to hear from my sweet little missionary. And although I know that I won't be able to hear her with my physical ears, I can hear her with my heart, and feel her sweet spirit, and know she is with us celebrating our Savior's birth, and rejoicing with us and the angels above. Then maybe for a little while on Christmas day that hole I feel will be filled, and we can feel "whole" as a family, even if for a moment. Merry Christmas my precious angel above.
~Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace.~

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I was given an ornament that said, "I love you all dearly, Now don't shed a tear, I'm spending my Christmas with Jesus this year." Thinking of you today.

The McClellan Clan said...

Oh my world girl, you're me cry!! You are so sweet. Only you could write words so sweet and perfect. I know she is shining down on you. I hope today your heart was full!! Take care.

Nurse Heidi said...

Hugs. I know exactly how that feels. At least I have now gotten Alan to be ok with me hanging her stocking up and putting in a little angel ornament each year. The first year it was too painful for him. Rachel has been praying every night lately to "please help me not forget Elizabeth". Breaks my heart.

runningfan said...

I hope you got your wish this year, at least in spirit! I'm sure Candace wants to talk to you as much as you want to hear from her.