
We now have our first dozen eggs from our chickens. We've been putting the date on them to see if we can see a pattern. When they first started it was every couple of days and now it's daily. It's also been fun to see the progression of the egg getting bigger. The pullet egg starts pretty small and gradually gets bigger. Sometimes you get some oddball shaped ones, like the pear shaped one on the top 3rd from the right.

Here is the difference in size from the first egg to the last one so far. They still aren't full sized yet, but getting closer. The kids are loving this. Talk about a science experiment right in your backyard.
4 comments:
Very fun indeed!! You're such a good mom to let them have this experience!
So fun! We had chickens for a time at our old house in Hillsboro and only one came laying, the rest we went through this fun time of exploration with. :) Love it! I miss my own chickens. :( Someday, someday.
Too fun!! Seeing that I never lived on a farm, I am enjoying all the interesting tidbits of info you share about the chickens. ;)
Well there's something fun about chickens. I do recall enjoying the occasional double yolk or tiny egg.
Post a Comment