Senator Jeff Merkley 202-224-3753 merkley.senate.gov/contact/
Senator Ron Wyden 202-224-5244 wyden.senate.gov/contact/
Congressman David Wu 202-225-0855 or 503-326-2901
Our voices need to be heard folks. It's time to take a stand for our nation. There are 4 townhall meetings for the Portland metro area. These are the last townhall meetings that will be held before our representatives vote on the Health care "reform." I've put the info for each below. Please try to attend one of these. If you're not comfortable saying anything, at least be there in person to make a presence. If you want to say something, but aren't sure what to say, I have a list of suggestions that I am happy to email to you. I'm going to attend the townhall meeting in McMinnville on Monday (8/11) and I'm happy to give anyone a ride that would like to join me.
It's time that we let our representatives know that they are in their position to be the voice of the people. Our tax dollars are paying their wages to be our representatives. Did you know that recent polls show that 68% of Americans do not want this Healthcare "reform"? Also, the more people are learning about it, that percentage is rising. Regardless that this is not the will of the people many representatives are moving forward with their own agenda and not the will of the people. We need to make our voices heard loud and clear before it's too late.
August 10, 5:00-6:00
McMinnville Police Station; 121 SW Adams Street, McMinnville
August 11, 12:00-1:00
Good Samaritan Hospital, Building 2 Auditorium; 1040 NW 22nd Avenue, Portland
August 13, 4:00-5:00
Seaside Public Library; 1131 Broadway, Seaside
August 14, 4:00-5:00
Columbia Learning Center; 375 South 18th Street, St. Helens
"Several women I met at the Republican National Women's Summit in DC last week asked if I'd video tape my story of living in Canada under Socialized Medicine while my Dad was a heart surgeon and how horrible it is for patients and doctors. They also wanted me to tell about my brain surgery here in the US this past year. If I had been in Canada, I probably wouldn't have been diagnosed or had brain surgery in time to save my life. We must fight Socialized Medicine (Obama's Health Care Reform Plan) immediately! We've got to do all we can to stop it now. It is a disaster, believe me."
Heather Sandstrom
President Mesa, AZ Republican Women
She tells her story here:
http://www.larryjohnwright.com/tvspots/HeatherSandstrom.wmv
3 comments:
I have a good friend in England who told me, "Anyone who believes in socialized medicine has never been forced to used socialized medicine."
I also have a friend from Canada who has had two bouts with cancer. On both occasions he chose to go to a private clinic and paid for the very expense treatments himself - otherwise he wouldn't be here now.
A sad situation altogether.
Thank you so much for the information. I knew about the one on Tuesday and encouraged Aaron to attend on his lunch break. Good for you for going. I would like to try to make it to one as well.
Every time I think about socialized medicine, I get a sick feeling in my gut. The idea that a politician can tell us which patients to treat and which ones not to - appalling!! I agree there are big problems with the current system, but having "Big Brother" oversee the healthcare system isn't the solution.
I just nominated you for an award on my blog - go take a look!
Post a Comment