Thursday, October 29, 2009

See What I've Been Up To?

Do you ever find yourself with an idea brewing in your head, and can't find anything to write on. That's what happened here. The idea for the girls Witch Fairy costume started swirling in my head. I grabbed a random paper out of my purse and started drawing the sketch and then made a pattern for it once I got home.
Here's how they turned out. Surprisingly, they actually look a bit like the sketch =)
Of course, I couldn't stop at just the dresses. They needed dressed up hats and wands to complete the outfit. Besides, this was a perfect solution to using the leftover scraps from their dresses. They were thrilled, which made it all worth while.

But what do you think my mind was doing while finishing the girls dresses at 1:00 am? Yep, designing another costume. This time for Zachary, all centered around a hula hoop of all things.
I am the world's worst artist, and I'll be the first to admit it. However, I do somehow manage to turn my drawings into actual costumes with a little creativity. This clown outfit took a lot less time than the girls dresses.
Oh, I can't wait until Halloween to see these kiddos all dressed up!
Can you see my hidden helper? Yes, that's Ethan under there. He happened to find himself under my sewing table quite a lot while I made these costumes.

3 comments:

runningfan said...

Krista, they are fabulous! I can't wait to see, either!

Noni said...

Wow, Krista! What fun. You have a gift! So do we get to see pix of the children all decked out?

Love you,

Noni

Juliesh said...

Girl, you are AMAZING!