Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jack the Spider

I do not like spiders! I'm not sure when this happened, as they used to not bother me so much back in Snowflake. But now if one is spotted in my house it gets a plastic cup put over the top of it, with the sides taped down, and awaits its doom until my knight in shining armor returns home from work. Jon's tried to get the kids to squash the things for me, but they don't like the feel of it crunching between their fingers either. I have, however, made a deal with the spiders. They may live IF they stay on the outside, but if they set one tiny hairy little leg in my house, they're a gonner.

That being said, we've been watching a particular spider this fall.
I think their intricate webs are fascinating.
This one is Jack, because his little face looks like a Jack-O-Lantern. I like the zoom option on my camera, but maybe I didn't really want to see all the details of this nasty little creature.
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

runningfan said...

That is one giant spider!!!

Danielle said...

gggggrrrrrooooooosssssssssss

EndoQuad said...

That is a really cool spider pic! I always photograph the spiders in my backyard too. :)

Nurse Heidi said...

AAAAAAAAAUGGGH! That's a terrifying creature!! (shudder).

The McClellan Clan said...

okay I am going to have nightmares now!! That is insane, and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonasty!!