Sunday, October 26, 2008

We're Expecting!

We are excited to finally share our happy news. We're expecting our 5th child! This has been a long awaited and much prayed for miracle. We've been holding our breath (and still are) as I have had 4 previous miscarriages. We were also anxiously awaiting our ultrasound this past Thursday where we were able to take a look at our baby's head. So far, there are no signs of anencephaly, or any other neural tube defects. We won't be able to completely rule everything out until closer to 20 weeks, but for now we are celebrating this sweet new life within and celebrating that things look healthy and strong for now.
This is baby at 12 weeks gestation. Isn't it amazing how everything is already formed? For those that don't have an eye for the ultrasound picture, this is a side profile of the baby. It is laying on it's back facing upward, head is to the right, legs to the left, nice big round belly in the middle. Up above the belly you can catch a glimpse of a little hand.This is the same position, just closer up. Big belly on the left, head on the right with the thumb either in the mouth or up the nose. Guess that depends on whether it's a boy or girl, right? =)


My due date is May 5th (Cinco de Mayo). We told the children Friday night by giving them a quiz where we included random questions about our family, and then a question about how many babies are in my tummy, when my due date is, etc. It was fun to see their different reactions and how some of them clued in faster than others. We videotaped it and as soon as I can figure out how to convert it from our videocamera (it's not digital), then I'll post their reactions on here. It was tender as they each asked in their own way, "Is this baby going to live?" "Will we get to bring it home?" "Will it stay with us this time?" When we answered that as far as we can tell it will be a healthy baby, then they all really exploded into cheers. They were holding back a bit before, understandably so. We all love and miss Candace so much, and are happy to have an angel baby as part of our family, but we're ready and hoping to have the blessing of keeping this baby with us.



Friday evening we also told Jon's parents by giving them a dozen eggs. This will be grandchild #12 for them. Sorry Mom and Dad Flake, we didn't think we should mail you 40 eggs! =) Yes, this will be my parents 40th grandchild!

We've created a poll for you to let us know what your guess is as to the gender of our baby. It's on the right hand side under JoJo and my "Quote of the Moment." We'd love to hear your feedback.

22 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Krista! I'm so excited for your family. I enjoyed reading about the kids reactions. Hooray! What a blessing after such a LONG road. I'm so glad for you and hope you're feeling okay.
I know how to convert the video if you need help, jut let me know!

runningfan said...

Woohoo! So happy about your rainbow baby.

The Bui's said...

I knew it, I just knew it. You have been giving off a vibe honey. Yipee! Congratulations!

Courtney B said...

Congratulations! That is so happy and exciting :)

Nurse Heidi said...

WAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!!! That's the prettiest looking little baby head I've ever seen : )!! I'm so excited that things went well. And what fun ways you came up with to tell the kids and the rest of your family. I never managed to get that creative.

The McClellan Clan said...

I'm so happy for you!!! That is awesome!! Good luck my dear!! You are in my prayers. I know everything will work out!!

Danielle said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I hope you're feeling okay. We send lots of hugs and kisses! xoxoxoxoxo!!! Congrats

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! You looked like you had that "glow" today at stake conference but I didn't want to say anything until I heard. Our love and prayers are with you and your family.

Marah said...

This is fantastic! I love your eggs-cellent idea for announcing the news!

Adrianna said...

We are so thrilled for you guys! Congratulations!

The Hadley Family said...

Oh HAPPY day!!!! We are so excited for your family. You are in our prayers. Can't wait to give you a hug... :)

Anonymous said...

I have had this vibe from you for about 4 weeks. One of those things you just don't want to ask until your told. Thanks for relieving my curiousity. Congratulations! What a perfect view of baby!

Heather said...

w00t!
This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you! You have a beautiful family, and I bet the spirits in heaven are on their best behaviour, trying to get picked to be part of your home. =D

Jenelle said...

Wahooo! Congratulations! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you!

Lars said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

oh..ha ha. I just saw that Heidi said the same. Well, it's how I feel!
Congratulations!!

Jaimey said...

COngrats! I am sooo excited for you! I wish you had told me on Saturday when I saw you, it would have made my day! What a blessing. :)

jamie t. said...

That is fantastic! Congrats :)

Karolynn Kay said...

That is so Awesome! Congratulations!!!!! Your baby already looks beautiful. Hope you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you don't mind me piping in. Noni gave me your link. What a blessing!

Lyon Pride said...

Congratulations! What a cute way to tell the grandparents! How exciting!!

Lisa Hutchings said...

Congratulations Carroll Family! We are so excited for you!

Chiara said...

Yahhh Hoooo! Congrats! How exciting! We will keep you guys in our prayers for sure!!