Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Through the Years

Happy Halloween!

We thought it would be fun to post some pictures from the past 10 years.1999: Krista and our little pumpkin Shaylin (1 month old)
1999: Jon and our little pumpkin Shaylin
2000: Shaylin as a sailor girl (1 yr old)
2001: "Tiger-Kitty" as Shaylin called herself (2 yrs old)
2001: Zachary as a clown (6 months old)
2002: Princess Shaylin (3 yrs old) & Tiger Zachary (1 yr old)
2003: Shaylin as Cinderella (4 yrs old), Hailey as a ladybug (2 months old), Jon as Robin, & Zachary as Batman (2 yrs old)
2004: Jon as Robin (again), Krista as Pooh Bear, Hailey as Tiger-Kitty (1 yr old), Zachary as Batman again (3 yrs old), & Shaylin as a rabbit (5 yrs old)
(not sure who the other little girl is, but she apparently wanted to be in our picture =)
2005 Wizard of Oz Theme: Shaylin as Dorothy (6 yrs old), Zachary as the Tinman (4 yrs old) & Hailey as Glenda the good witch (2 yrs old)
2005: Jon was the cowardly lion, and I was the scarecrow
2006 Family of Nerds: Jon, Hailey (3 yrs old), Shaylin (7 yrs old), & Zachary (5 yrs old)
2006 Family of Nerds: Krista, Hailey, Zach, & Shaylin. Candace even participated in my tummy. She was a pumpkin.
2007 The Grinch characters:
Krista as Cindy-lou's mom, Jon as Cindy-lou's dad the postman for Whoville, Shaylin as Cindy-lou (8 yrs old), Zachary as the Grinch (6 yrs old), & Hailey as Max the dog (4 yrs old).
2008: Hailey as Minnie Mouse (5 yrs old), Zachary as Indiana Jones (7 yrs old), Shaylin as a 50's girl (9 yrs old), and JoJo as a hot dog.

9 comments:

Jaimey said...

I love love last years Grinch characters theme! Those costumes are great! Your kiddos are so cute. :) I meant to email you back but haven't had a chance, the date you gave me 21st? Works for us. We have nothing. I am putting it on my calendar if it still works for you.

Danielle said...

what a fun idea! i love seeing all your old costumes!

runningfan said...

Fun pictures! That was a fun archive.

Rebecca said...

You guys are great at dressing up. This makes me want to go and check out my own Halloween's past.

The Hadley Family said...

How fun. I loved seeing all the pictures of your costumes over the years. You put so much detail into each costume...I hearby award your family "First Prize"!!! :)

Nurse Heidi said...

I'm way impressed at how you go all out! I love the whole family themes. Fun fun fun!

Tamra Kriser said...

Loved the "nerds" and "hotdog" Wow, my sister is over-the -top creative!!! My kids are going to think they've been deprived! You really go all out on the costume thing--how did I miss all that kind of enthusiasm for this holiday?! Way to go, sister. These are amazing costumes--and your individual "sparkle" adds the final touch! Thanks for sharing! --

Juls said...

too cute. you are so creative! The kids liked the hot dog dog the best :)

Congrats on your new baby. We will pray for you!

Karolynn Kay said...

What a sexy family throughout the years. I love looking at pictures throughout the years. It just amazes me how fast our kids grow up without even realizing it until you see an old picture.