Monday, October 13, 2008

PJ's for Shaylin

Shaylin is beginning to learn how to sew.
One of her first projects was this pair of pajama pants.



Her Aunt Noni made her a pillowcase, and Shaylin found the same material at JoAnn's and wanted some PJ pants to match her pillowcase. She did such a good job cutting out, pinning, sewing, and following the directions. I was very proud of her. I surprised her and made her doll Katelyn some matching PJ pants with the scraps. Here they are cuddled up together pillow, PJ's, and all.

3 comments:

runningfan said...

You're amazing, teaching a nine-year-old how to sew! Go you.

Danielle said...

wanna teach me too? Just kidding. I was the one at girls camp they invited to sit out on the sewing projects---I was that bad! haha. I just bought a sewing machine though and am teaching myself. Slowly learning...lol.

Neal and Suzanne said...

Hip Hip Hooray !!!! We are thrilled with the news. Your little family will be so wonderful to your new baby. You will be in our prayers.
Also, Shaylin, fun new pierced ears-----and what darling PJ's. Wow, you are a good seamstress.
lots of love Aunt Suzanne