
The past couple of weeks have been all about survival. This little precious bundle is quite fussy and uncomfortable for a good chunk of every afternoon and evening due to colic. A friend let me borrow her pouch and Ethan settled right in to it. He was happy to be snug next to me and I was happy to have my arms and hands back to keep up with this busy family. I quickly figured out the pattern to this little handy pouch, sewed myself one of my own, returned the borrowed pouch, and when Jon got home from work, this is how he found me preparing dinner. Much better, after usually having to wait until he gets home to even start dinner because of the fussy little tike.

Here Jon is trying the original pouch out, and giving me a little rest from carrying him around.
6 comments:
No improvements, huh? Sorry! Glad you've found a coping mechanism! And I'm super impressed you found time to sew with your sad boy!
I'm so glad you found a pouch that works for you! But I'm even more impressed (but not surprised) that your version looks just as good, if not better than the original. I'll have to get that pattern from you when the time comes again.
I have much advice in the pouch, carrier area of babyhood. Grayson was severely colicy and had reflux until almost a year, he slept a LOT in a carrier. I have tons you can borrow and try in you are interested. :) Hope he outgrows it quickly!
While I figured out the pattern and tried to start sewing it he just cried in the swing. I put off finishing it 11:00 pm after he was down for the night. The perk with colic is they tucker themselves out pretty good and sleep pretty good at night. =)
I'm not sure if you remembered Ryley in the sling at church those first 6 months or so, but both my kids loved slings. I had several- only they were my size and wouldn't have worked for you. I'm glad you found one to replicate! Now you can try other cooler fabrics for summer if needs be it! Some babies would just rather stay in the womb a little longer...
I fully believe in babywearing. It's the only thing that gave me ANY sanity with Katie. She came out screaming and didn't stop for 9 months. I've tried several different slings and baby wearing devices, and my absolute hands down favorite is the Ergo Baby Carrier. It is so comfortable that I can wear it for hours at a time without back fatigue. For shorter times and ease of use, unpadded ring slings work well. For tiny babies, the Moby Wrap, though at 5 1/2 yards long, it's a tad cumbersome to put on. I use a pouch sling at the pool, but find that it pulls unevenly and I get a backache if I wear it around for long term use. I can still wear Katie in the Ergo and will be for at least another year or so. She loves being in it and it's the only way to get through the grocery store without 50 extra things thrown into my cart :).
I love the picture of Jon wearing him - very, very sweet.
Post a Comment