Thursday, September 10, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

Hailey's 1st day of Kindergarten.
You would have thought it was Christmas morning with the excitement Hailey had. Waiting for the school bus was like waiting for Santa to arrive. When the bus came around the corner she started jumping up and down yelling, "the bus is here, the bus is f-i-n-a-l-l-y here!" Let's hope this enthusiasm for school carries through for many more years to come.
Taking those big steps up that she has been wanting to take ever since Shaylin started riding the school bus. This is a picture from September 2005 where she is protesting that I wouldn't let her get on the "skoo bush" (school bus), she would say the "sh" sound for the "s" sound. She didn't understand why she couldn't go since she had daddy's shoes on and a backpack on. Little did she know exactly how long of a wait she really had before she could ride the "skoo bush."
When you wait this long for this bus ride, there are no fears, no separation anxiety, no problem waving good bye to mom. Not that she has any of those things anyway. She is my very independent one.
I still drove to school and met her there to watch her get settled.
She found her cubby no problem. (I waited forever for the lady with the purse to move, you can tell I didn't wait long enough =)
She found her spot at the table with her name tag.
She struck a quick pose before digging into a coloring page. . .
and she was settled in and ready for her first school day. Goodbye Hailey.
I'm leaving now. Are you going to look up and notice I'm leaving?

I did get one last wave with a big grin. I turned and walked out of the room with equally if not a little bigger of a grin on my face. To tell you the truth, we both have been looking forward to this day.

3 comments:

John and Misty said...

What a cutie! Glad the day f-i-n-a-l-l-y came!

runningfan said...

Hooray for Hailey! She'll blow her teacher away....

Rachel said...

ADORABLE pictures Krista! I hope it's ok but I'm going to add you to my blogroll so I can keep up with your blog. And a first tooth at 4 months, that little guy wants to be his own man and still give you plenty of new things to write about!