Things I observed from the sticky notes:*Zachary really-really-really-really-really loves donuts! (Not a dinner option, sorry buddy.)
*They all really like breakfast foods for dinner. (Have to admit that I do too.)
*Most of the things mentioned are the easiest quickest meals to make, so why do I try making anything more complicated than this? (Hmm? Nutrition & variety maybe?)
*My Kindergartner writes more legibly than my 3rd grader. =P
I decided to take these ideas and make them into a dinner menu for this month. I assigned Tuesdays to Zach, Wednesdays to Shaylin, and Thursdays to Hailey. I wrote down their suggestions on a calendar page and then asked hubby to list his favorites too. That didn't leave many days for me to fill in and voilá a whole month of menus. We'll see how it goes and if we get burned out of breakfast foods. If nothing else, maybe there will be less complaining at the dinner table.
1 comment:
Ha ha ha!!! This post totally cracks me up - especially the donuts, because Ethan would write down the same thing. They've been (sort of) patiently tolerating all my wild ideas in the kitchen as of late, so perhaps it's time for me to let them have a little say in the menu.
Post a Comment