The kids participated in their school Science Fair this year. Shaylin's project was estimating how much toilet paper our household uses. She even broke it down as to which bathroom uses how much. We found the kids use our bathroom much more than their own and that our family averages about 5 rolls of toilet paper a week, which would mean 252 rolls in a year. Interesting, hmmm?

Zachary's project was seeing how much electricity (using kWhs) our household uses on average in a day. For one week he did a meter reading outside at the same time every day. We found that laundry day we definitely used the most electricity. We use an average of 32 kWhs in a day.

For those of you who would like to know exactly what that means: When you buy gas they charge you by the gallon. When you buy electricity they charge you by the
kilowatt-hour (kWh). When you use 1000 watts for 1 hour, that's a kilowatt-hour. For example: To use a kilowatt-hour, you could keep a 40w light bulb on for 25 hours. Now I hope ya'll learned something new today. It will be fun to see what the kids want to explore and learn about next year.
3 comments:
I'm glad to see how it all turned out, since you guys were just getting started when I was there. I bet you're happy to have this out of the way...one more "check" before baby!
Wow, Shaylin and Zach, You look great and your projects look like lots of work and fun. Krista, thanks for the kilowatt lesson! Hailey, how are you these days? Krista, hope you continue to feel well. We look forward to hearing some happy news soon :)
Love you all,
Aunt Noni
What good ideas! I love it! You are a dang good mom to help them. Way to go!
Post a Comment