
We're now a household of 4 chicks, 3 kids, 2 adults, 1 dog, and let's just add the partridge in a pear tree for good measure. Did I mention I'm also having a baby in less than 4 weeks? I'm probably crazy, I know. But to watch the kids with these chicks has been priceless and worth it. Here's a few pics for your enjoyment.
Getting acclimated to their new home. The kids could hardly wait the 15 minutes I asked them to let the chicks calm down from the car ride home.

They've been watching over them constantly, and Zach even read a book to them. I'm sure they heard every word son.

Finally, getting to hold the chicks. This is Hailey's chick, which she has named Penny.

Here she has Mom & Dad's chick, which Jon named Phyllis, perched on her shoulder. (Better Fill-us with eggs Phyllis.) You might also notice she has Penny on the other shoulder. This is one happy girl.

Zachary was so sweet and soft with his chick. He named her Goldie. He cuddled with her forever and she never did mess on him.

Shaylin loved holding her chick that she picked out, she named her Ginger.

Here Penny is getting her first pedicure. It's how we are marking the chicks so that as they grow we can tell them apart.

After being cuddled and loved, it didn't take the chicks long to fall asleep in their new home. Goldie (the very yellow one) actually fell asleep with her face in the food (shown below), pretty funny!

I'll try to post a picture of the chicks weekly so you can see how fast they grow. For now, thanks for seeing our new house guests. Phyllis, Penny, Goldie, & Ginger are enjoying their new home and chirping pretty constantly. It's not bothering us yet, but poor JoJo thinks we're tormenting her. Every once in a while she'll go over to their box and give them one little bark, as if to say, "pipe down in there." I'm sure the constant chirping is driving her crazy. Don't worry dog. Just a few months of this and then we'll move them to the henhouse outside and you'll rule the roost again.
5 comments:
It'll be fun to watch them grow...from afar. :)
Oh my gosh!! That is SO cute! aren't chicks the best. I want one!! You didn't paint the toe nails to tell them apart, you guys just wanted to girlify them!!
The chicks are adorable, but the kiddos are the cutest. It is so fun to see pix of them with each of their chicks. Brings back lots of fun memories!
I can't decide which is cuter..the baby chicks or your kids. What fun! I got a baby chick (color dyed) for Easter when I about 3 yrs old. I loved that poor chick to death, literally. I squeezed it too much. Poor chick. We had to have a "matchbox burial". I can see your three know just how to hold them. :) I hope they have lots of fun raising them. You are one awesome mom!!!!!!
I love the idea of painting the toe nails. How creative!!
Post a Comment