Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sleeping under the tree

Our children enjoy our tradition of sleeping under the Christmas tree the first night we have it up. They love to stare at the lights and feel the anticipation and excitement of Christmas. This is something I did as a child and still remember how fun it was to roll out our sleeping bags under the Christmas tree. The kids loved decorating the tree and over the years I've adjusted to the "community" type of tree where the children's artwork and handmade ornaments adorn this tree, rather than nice matching ornaments symmetrically placed like I would like them. Some day I may have that type of tree, but I will probably look back and miss this type of tree. So for now, we'll enjoy the kid's decorated tree and the wonderful memories it brings.

1 comment:

Jaimey said...

Two trees. One with kids stuff and one with the matchy grown up ornaments. :) I love both. though if I had to choose I would do the kids one too. Happy New Year!