Monday, April 19, 2010

Bambino Desnudo

This is where Ethan has been spending quite a bit of time lately. It's become our new bathing spot because of the reason which I'll explain below. We do generally have him sit down. However, he knows the chickens are right outside this window and he loves to watch the chickens. I couldn't resist taking a picture of his cute cheekies.

Feeding a baby can be messy, I'll admit that. However, feeding a baby who won't allow food on his tongue, and throws up when food is on his tongue, is a whole different ball of wax. We are in the midst of working our way through foods and textures and trying to get Ethan to eat or drink anything other than me. So far we are 0 for 7. Meaning we've tried 7 different foods/textures all varied in how much liquid from very smooth to very lumpy, and we've had ZERO success. This is why our pediatrician is recommending we see a feeding therapist. Apparently, it's an issue with Ethan's tongue where he doesn't know what to do with anything placed in his mouth. Therefore no matter how big or small, if it's on his tongue he will gag and throw up. Which means we spend a lot of time cleaning up. Definitely more output than input right now. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I've never heard of such a thing. Good luck.

runningfan said...

My friend Colleen is doing food therapy with her little boy. I'll send you the link to her blog post about it. They are having success! He is almost three, though...

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh my goodness...I haven't been over here for a bit and I'm just catching up. I have been laughing out loud over all of these pictures! That naked little bum is so flippin' cute! Same with the window washer pictures. And the grass ones. Oh, they're all cute!

Sorry to hear about the food texture thing. I have a few friends in the neighborhood that have dealt with similar stuff. One of them is in the food class through the early intervention program offered by the school district. She's got oral aversions because she was a preemie, and is now 2 1/2 and hardly eats anything solid. Most of the other kids eventually outgrew their problems but it makes for a lot of frustration in the mean time.