
Ethan still loves the dishwasher, but is climbing to new heights. He loves to get up on the lid of the dishwasher and then try for the counter.

Ethan has an obsession with balls. He has 3 favorites. He likes the smallish bouncy ball, not so small that he puts it in his mouth, but small enough that he can hold it in his hand. He will throw and chase his own ball around for a very long time. His 2nd favorite ball is a mini-sized tennis ball. JoJo gets in on the action with this ball. Ethan likes to throw it and then he'll crawl after it and JoJo does too. Usually JoJo beats him to it and runs back to her bed with it. Ethan will crawl over to her, pat her on the head as if to say, "let go of my ball", then JoJo will let go, Ethan will throw it and the fun begins again. Ethan's 3rd favorite ball is a mini basketball that is about 8 inches in diameter. He loves this ball, but he uses it more like a soccer ball. He'll put the ball next to something like the couch and then stand up next to it and put his foot on it and try and kick it and roll it around with his feet. He'll even change feet depending on which side of his body the ball rolls too. It's pretty impressive. I think he sees all of us playing soccer quite a bit and is picking up on that.
Ethan still doesn't like food. We've been trying different foods here and there for the past month, vegetables, rice cereals, even yogurt and ice cream. He gets a teensy-tiny bit on his tongue and will gag and then throw up. He does the same thing no matter how runny, lumpy, or solid it is. Cheerios he'll just smash or throw off the table, without the slightest interest of putting them in his mouth. If we try to put them in his mouth he'll make a face like we've fed him something disgusting. If one gets stuck on his tongue, he gags and then throws up. Not sure how we're going to get over this problem. He can't nurse forever, hope he figures that out soon so he can enjoy some of his birthday cake on his birthday next month.
ETHAN
I love all your snuggles and cuddles.
I love how you bend in half and rub your
eyes whenever you're ready to eat.
I love how you've started to play peek-a-boo with your blanket.
I love how you love to point and excitedly
say, "oo oo" just like a monkey.
I love how you melt when you're holding your
blanket and sucking your binky.
I love that you're my precious baby and that I can't get enough of you.
I can't believe you're 11 months old Ethan.I think this photo shoot is officially over. . .






2 comments:
Too cute! Glad you're so happy. :)
The picture of you and Ethan is so cute!
Post a Comment