Friday, April 30, 2010

Socks Shmocks

Zachary came downstairs dressed and ready for his baseball game. I took one look at his feet and our conversation went as follows:

Me: Hey Zachary what happened to your socks?
Zachary: Oh, they have a hole in 'em.
Me: Just one?
Zachary: Well, kind of.
Me: Isn't that uncomfortable?
Zachary: Not really, especially when I wear the other socks underneath.
Me: How long have they been like this?
Zachary: Uh, for a couple of weeks.
Me: I think we should get you some new baseball socks, what do you think?
Zachary: Yea, I guess so.

You might be asking yourself how I could have possibly missed seeing these when they've been coming through the wash for who knows how many weeks now. Well, laundry day is Monday at our house. Which means I put them in the washer, load them in the dryer (no I don't inspect socks going into the washer or dryer). Then the kids job is to fold a load of laundry and put them into individual piles. Then each individual puts their own things away, and I put everything else away. Amazingly, none of the kiddos noticed a problem with these socks while folding them. One would think that the owner of the holey socks would definitely speak up.

This kid has come a long ways. When he was 2 we couldn't get out the door on time because his socks didn't "feel right" on his feet and he would have to put them on/take them off about 10 times before they "felt" right. Is this really the same boy???

2 comments:

John and Misty said...

That's hilarious! That one sock looks more like a leg warmer. Oh--the things that matter (and DON'T matter) to boys! :)

runningfan said...

How funny. Is Zach OCD about anything anymore?