We love to see Candace's rose bush begin to bloom this time of year. A fellow angel mommy got this rose bush for us as a gift shortly after Candace passed away and it has been a sweet reminder for us. I love that it is planted right outside our front window. It makes me smile every time I look outside. I recently added the pink butterfly stake nearby. The butterfly has become our symbol for her. Shortly after Candace passed away our children came up with this beautiful butterfly analogy. They explained that when she was in my tummy she was a caterpillar, and when she was born she was in her chrysalis because she couldn't move around very well in her body. Then, when she passed away, her spirit was set free and could fly away to heaven, just like a butterfly.We're remembering you everyday Candace, but especially today.
2 comments:
I was thinking of Candace the other day when butterflies were hovering over my flower garden!
Our friend's son who had the same condition as Candace passed away on Saturday. He lived until he was 8! It has been hard on the family, but I hope that they can find the peace that you have found. You have inspired me to be a better mother and to live life to the fullest. Thank you for being a wonderful example to us all!
Post a Comment