Monday, May 10, 2010

Dear Zachary,

I heard that you were concerned about me being bored all day while you kids are at school. Thanks for being so concerned about me. I realized you probably really don’t know what I do all day, so I decided to write it down for you, just to set your mind at ease.

While you were at school today I:

Fed Ethan 4 times.

Dressed Ethan (twice).

Changed Ethan’s diaper (4 times).

Put Ethan down for a nap.

Made Hailey’s lunch.

Did Hailey’s hair.

Helped Hailey with book fair stuff.

Wrote you a note and sent money for you with Hailey.

Put Hailey on the bus.

Baked 4 loaves of bread.

Had a bowl of cereal.

Took a shower.

Made my bed.

Returned some phone calls.

Caught up on email.

Washed 5 loads of laundry.

Loaded the dishwasher and started it.

Wrote in Ethan’s journal.

Did some mending.

Disconnected the printer and put it in the car.

Decided to dust all computer stuff while I had it out.

Took care of freezing some food.

Made a menu for the week.

Remembered to pull some freezer jam out of

the freezer (just for you =).

Gave Aunt Lorene lots of encouragement over the phone to

keep going with potty training for Morgan.

Picked a song and made arrangements to practice the

song to sing for a funeral on Wednesday.

Drove the printer to the repair shop on the other side of Portland.

Tidied up Ethan’s toys and books.

Emptied the dishwasher.

Organized papers that were left out over the weekend.

Enjoyed looking through the Mother’s Day

things you kids made for me (again).

Washed dishes from baking bread.

Talked to Grandma Flake on the phone regarding

reunion plans that I’m in charge of this year.

Read through my sharing time lesson for Sunday.

Started dinner preparations (with Ethan wrapped around my legs).

Prepared a snack for all of you to enjoy when

you get home (with Ethan still clinging to my legs).

(Okay, so most of these things were done

with Ethan either on my lap or wrapped around

my legs, it's just how it is these days.)


You’re about to walk through the door, and it’s only 2:30. I’m sure I could double this list by bedtime. So, just to put your worries at ease, Mom is anything but bored while you’re away at school. I love being a mom and I especially am honored to be your mom. I love you buddy!

Love, Mom

7 comments:

runningfan said...

That made me really tired! Go Krista!

Anonymous said...

nice recovery dude!

Danielle said...

lol. i'm curious what he thought you did before you told him? :)

Carroll Conversations said...

Yea! Funny thing is after he read all this he said what he meant to say was that I was boring. Probably because of the above list. I guess it does seem pretty boring to a 9 year old. =) He said he would rather I just play with him all day. I told him I would rather play with him all day. =)

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Way to go super woman.I'm such a procrasinator.If I could just stick with my list maybe I can accomplish everything on my list.I get distracted very easily.I admire you Krista:)

Lars said...

Phew!

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!! One person can really get that much done? Please teach me how!
a