This post is for Hailey, who has been my right hand helper these days. She is so responsible, maybe a little too responsible sometimes. I've been fighting a head cold since Sunday and trying to get extra rest in the mornings after the kids are gone to school. On Wednesday Hailey came in and woke me and said, "Mom, Clifford is over, I'm dressed, I've eaten breakfast, brushed my teeth, and made my bed. I think it's time for you to get up and do my hair and take me to preschool." I felt like a slacker of a mom, but at the same time I was so grateful for a very capable daughter who could fend for herself while I was attempting to make a recovery. I love how even though she can't tell time yet, she can gauge things by what's on PBS.
In this picture she is sporting another one of her flares for fashion.
When Zachary asked her why she was wearing snow boots when it's warm outside, she indignantly and like a teenager said, "because they're cute." (like duh, don't you get it?) Apparently for her, fashion comes before comfort. This is sooo the opposite with big sis. Shaylin won't wear anything unless it feels comfortable and she could really care less as to what it looks like. These girls definitely come with their own personalities.
At the moment, Hailey is practicing her piano and has already finished her reading for the day. She informed me that she needed to finish these things before we ran errands. Who doesn't love a responsible, self-motivated child? I do love this little girl, even with all her attitude and extreme personalities. She keeps us smiling and laughing!
4 comments:
how funny...love the spunk! The snow boots DO look pretty cute with the outfit...what a trendsetter! ;)
She really does crack me up though. When we were at the 'pass it on' sale while you were paying, she kept looking at me with her head sideways so i would see how pretty her face painting was. So proud!
Does Hailey give lessons?
Hurry up will ya? I'm getting impatient over here!! ;)-
That is hilarious!She's so full of personality.I love that girl:) She cracks me up!She reminds me of myself with my fashion styles.Your girls reminds me so much of me and my oldest sister.I'm more like Hailey-I don't care about comfortable..lol..If the outfit looks fab -I will so wear it.And my sister is more like Shaylin- all about comfy:)I love it!
Post a Comment