Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's A ...





The baby has finally arrived. It is a big, bouncy, big, beautiful, big, blonde, big, (did I mention big?) baby boy!!!

Ethan James Carroll arrived this morning at 2:57 am after a very fast labor and delivery. We checked into the hospital at 1:25 am. He weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. and is 22 inches long. He is just perfect and beautiful in every way. We are all doing well and recovering nicely.

Enjoy the pictures, and we'll of course post more when we get home from the hospital Monday or Tuesday.

26 comments:

Courtney B said...

You guys were all the buzz at church. Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you. He is adorable :)

granny said...

Oh, Krista, I'm so happy for you. Sorry to be a stalker. :)

spharfamily said...

congratulations. He is very cute.

Chiara said...

CONGRATS!! He is so dang cute! I love the big cheeks and thighs already!!! Enjoy!

runningfan said...

I'm so impressed with your hospital blogging! Ethan is just beautiful -- love the chubby cheeks and all that hair. My heart is full! I'll get working on his bride-to-be one of these days... :)

P.S. In case you weren't aware, the "granny" commenter is mi madre. She's a fan.

Danielle said...

Wooo-hoooooo!!!!!!! You had HIM! Oh I'm so happy for all of you and glad to hear everything went smoothly. And I do have to say...

I LOVE the name! Fits perfectly with his chubby cheeks and squishy thighs! ;)

And just one more time because I'm so excited for you guys...Wooo-hooo! Okay, I'll quiet down. lol.

The McClellan Clan said...

yeah!!! Congrats. I'm so happy for you, but sorry for you on the biggness Krista! j/k Happy and healthy is all we ask for!!! Congrats once again1

Kristy E.B. said...

Congratulations!! Wow, I'm amazed how huge he was. He looks like he's 3 months old! Very cute little guy!

Noni said...

Oh, HE is SO ADORABLE!!! So glad he is here safe and that all is well with both of you!

Much love,

Noni

The Hadley Family said...

Congratulations Carroll's!!!!! We are so excited to hear your baby is here. He is just perfect. I love his "chunkiness". Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

Heather said...

What a cutie!
Nine pounds?
The very thought scares me. LOL

Congratulations!

Jaimey said...

Congrats! And Congrats some more! He is gorgeous! So big too! Is he your biggest yet?

Memory said...

Congratulations, Krista! You didn't even have to say it was a boy...you could SOOO tell by the picture. All boy. He's beautiful. Happy recovering. I'm sure he will get no rest once he gets home and gets loved all over by the other kids. They must be thrilled, too! :-)

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Omg!He is so adorable!Love his chubby cheeks and thighs.He is so cute! Congratulation!Man!his a big boy!I'm happy to hear everything went well with you and Ethan.We are so happy for you guys:)

Kim said...

Are you sure he was just born and you haven't been hiding him for a few months! What a cute chunk! Congratulations-and I LOVE the name.

Rachel said...

Wow, I can definitely tell he's yours! He has your eyes Krista... SO CUTE! I'm glad he got here soon before he grew any more! Ryley was 9.9 and I like them that big- clothes fit better! Best of luck for an easy start with feeding and the works!

John and Misty said...

Yeah! So glad he's finally here! Enjoy a few quite moments at the hospital while you can--oh, and the "free" diapers! So happy for you guys!

Allison ~ Est 1970 said...

We are just thrilled for you guys. He is a big boy that is for sure. You did awesome and your children are so beautiful and luck to have you and Jon as parents. Miss you guys. Love, Allison & family

yvonne enger said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you and your family. Love the pics,

Rebecca said...

Congrats on your precious baby boy! At clogging Gemia was telling us his nickname is Big E due to his size. Love it.

Nurse Heidi said...

WOOHOOOOOO!! What an absolutely luscious chunk of a boy! I love the tongue sticking out picture :). So dang happy for you that I've got shivers running up and down my arms - rainbow babies are the best.

Lisa Hutchings said...

Congratulations Carroll Family! We are so excited for you!

Lisa said...

Seeing that beautiful boy brought tears to my eyes. He was born into a very special family. congrats

Jenn said...

Krista he is so cute! Congratulations, I am so happy for you and your family!

Unknown said...

Krista--what a cry baby I am, I've been looking at these pics of Ethan and can't help but smile and cry at the same time . . . what a perfect, beautiful, BIG, adorable boy he is. These pictures are great--I just wish I could SQUEEZE him and you and your whole family. Love you, Lorene :-)

~Fawn said...

wow...how'd that big kid come out of you?
congrats!